Friday 28 May 2010

Mythic Friday at Scribble City Central

You can find me this morning over at Lucy Coats' blog, Scribble City Central.  Like me, Lucy is a British children's fantasy author who is passionate about legends and folklore, and she has had the great idea of interviewing a series of fantasy authors about their favourite myths.  I can thoroughly recommend Lucy's middle grade fantasy 'Hootcat Hill' (Orion 2009) and she's just bringing out a great series for younger children, "Greek Beasts and Heroes".  I'm honoured to have been asked to take part in the 'Mythic Fridays' interviews - as you will see if you check them out, since some of the other participating authors include names such as Alison Croggan, Michele Paver and Adele Geras.  It was fascinating to answer Lucy's questions - I hope you'll enjoy both my answers and her very exciting and vibrant blog!

3 comments:

  1. Hello ! I was led to your Scribble City Central interview by @thehermitage......and thence to this wonderful blog ! Finding both Sei Shonagon and Anne of Greengables at first scroll, as well as a fellow Yorkshire woman (I grew up near Settle, N. Yorks,) I'm looking forward to a happy journey through your archive. Wonderful stuff !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome - that sounds like quite a journey ;-)! Hope you will have fun here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...does double take. Settle? I'm from Malham!

    ReplyDelete